Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Ketchup Rant

I realize I haven't updated this thing for a long time (not as long as some people have gone without updating their blogs- BETH) but since I'm home sick from work, something which rarely happens, and really can't do anything but lay here in bed and move my head from one side to another trying to unclog my nose and cough up a few lungs, I figured, hey, why not?


So about this Ketchup thing. You know Ketchup. Yummy tomato product that goes well with all meat, cheese and potato products? The condiment that is officially one of my food groups? Let me give you a piece of advice about Ketchup. Don't put it in the refrigerator. I know that sometimes it says you should refrigerate it after opening, but really...don't. Cold Ketchup is disgusting. I can see how other people might not recognize it as such an important part of every meal if they are eating it cold.


When you go out to eat, and put that yummy Ketchup on your fries or your burger, guess what? It hasn't been refrigerated. And doesn't it taste good? And I'm only talking about REAL Ketchup. Heinz Ketchup. Anything else is going to taste disgusting no matter what you do with it. So go ahead, put it in the refrigerator, the freezer, the oven, or preferably, the trash can. It won't matter.


Now sometimes when I tell people about not refrigerating Ketchup, they assume I mean that I like it warm. Now, room temperature isn't warm. I don't think I'd like 'hot Ketchup.' Also, I can't be responsible for a bottle of Ketchup that has been opened and left unrefrigerated for a long period of time before being used again. In this house, we go through the biggest bottles they have pretty darn quickly. So if you only use Ketchup, say once every 6 months, I can't be blamed for any food poisoning that may occur from not keeping it in the fridge. Not that I think it would necessarily make you sick, I'm just saying don't blame me if it does. Really, just buy a small bottle and use it often.

2 comments:

IncogKnito said...

Yeah, so I just read your blog here and I see what you wrote! I think it's time for an update on yours again, too!

IncogKnito said...

Do you still have that cute travel sized bottle in your purse?