Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ornaments!


So this year, we decided not to put any traditional 'balls' on our tree and just use our 'special' ornaments. Which we had a lot more of than we thought. Every year Jay and I would each pick out one (or two) ornaments to add to the collection and of course last year Johnathan got one too. And also, people gave us a lot of ornaments, when we got married, bought a new house, for Johnathan's first Christmas, etc. So we have quite a few. And there are the ones that I make for the kids each year. Here a few of my favorites (that I could get a good picture of):


The pinecone snowman is one of Jays:


This is obviously another of Jay's:


The cross is one that I made:

So this next one was one of the first ornaments we bought together as part of this tradition, back when we lived in our townhouse. It had a little friend, another red bird to perch on a branch nearby. The cats killed it. Really. All we ever found of it were some red feathers near the tree. Very sad.





For our new house:


A few for Baby's 1st Christmas:





And for getting married:



This last one is another one that I made:



This year I made a yellow star. Johnathan got two special ones this year because we just couldn't decide. One is a monkey and the other is music notes (with bells in them). I got a butterfly ornament and Jay chose a reindeer. I think it makes the tree look pretty cool and different. There are a lot more, but maybe that is a post for another day. It is officially Christmas Eve and my 25th birthday. How incredibly depressing. Well here's a nice pic of Johnathan to cheer us old folks up! I hope everyone has a very Safe and Happy Holidays.








No comments: