Friday, May 29, 2009

Gardening

So I was going to write a post about my latest/next craft project or post some pics of our renovated bathroom(oh wait, it still needs to be painted...), but I decided to go with gardening instead.
At our house, this is how it works. For flowers: I pick them, tell Jay where they need to be planted and then occasionally water them. I feel that my involvement ends there. Our first spring here I got a bit too attached to some flowers that didn't do well, so never again! For the veggies: all I demand is that we have tomatoes. Both regular sized and cherry. And I picked out the herbs. Everything else, I leave in Jay's hands.
So first up: some of the wildflowers we planted last year....to me this whole area looks like a bunch of overgrown weeds, but at least now we have a few flowers coming up. Jay could tell you what they were, but all I know is that the first one is a daisy.



Next is the Vegetable Garden.
First up: Eggplant. Jay wants to make Eggplant Parmesan for my parents. I have no other idea what else you can even use eggplant for and I'm pretty sure he doesn't either, but oh well.


And then the Pea plants. Also has a few flowers, so they should be ready soon (or so Jay says).





And we have a watermelon (maybe more than one, I have no idea).
And the tomatoes of course!


We also have some carrots. We have cucumbers too, but I don't think they made it into the picture.

We're growing Romaine Lettuce and Broccoli in separate containers on the deck.


Here are the herbs:
First is the Lemon Balm...which Jay has used to make himself tea...

We also have Lemon Thyme, Chamomile, Oregano and Rosemary, but I'm not posting pictures of those because wow, my computer is taking forever to upload these things. So we'll save the front and side gardens for another post. So next time: Roses, Dahlias, Snapdragons, Winking Columbine and MORE!

2 comments:

IncogKnito said...

Yay! A new post! I like your choice of veggies. Sounds yummy.

IncogKnito said...

Are you ever going to update your blog? Geez!