Friday, July 25, 2008

Pictures for YOU

Here are just a few pictures to get us started.

This first one is of my first major sewing project, a quilt for my baby. A real learning experience!



I loved how this next shawl turned out. I found the pattern on the internet and actually followed it pretty exactly (I have a habit of changing patterns to fit how I think they should be- or to make them easier!) and used the softest off-white yarn. By far one of my favorite crochet peices.


Ah, my most popular peice. I'm not sure if I could recreate this one if I tried. I got a free pattern from the craft store and when I tried to make it, it didn't make any sense (what did you expect- it was free!) so I altered it a bit and this was the result. I had a lot of trouble with the handles and the lining. But sewing this lining (which is actually quilted to match the crocheted blocks) is what got me interested in quilting/sewing other things. I always get a lot of compliments on it, but I'll be damned if those handles don't kill me shoulder!!




1 comment:

IncogKnito said...

I love your quilt! How come I didn't know about your fabulous new blog? I'm so excited, you're going in my sidebar!